The 38,924-square-foot store is part of Pine Centre’s newly transformed shopping centre and will offer customers a traditional grocery shopping experience as well as a wide variety of Save-On-Foods’ new and unique offerings.
“We are so excited to open a brand-new store in Prince George,” said store manager Regan Bader, in a news release. “Save-On-Foods has been a major part of this great city since 1934, and it’s exciting to open this amazing new store with so much support from our team and customers.”
The grand opening celebrations begin on Thursday, September 28 with the first 500 customers of the day receiving a free Save-On-Foods gift card loaded with $10, except for two – which will be loaded with $500. On Saturday, September 30, the first 500 customers will receive a free three-pound bag of gala apples (one per customer). Grand opening celebrations continue all weekend long in-store specials.
Thank you to Regan and his team for their hard work and dedication to get this store up and running,” said Darrell Jones, president of Save-On-Foods’ parent company, the Pattison Food Group. “We are so lucky to open another new store in this incredible community and look forward to welcoming our loyal customers and new neighbours.”
Customers can expect:
- A fresh and fantastic meat and seafood department stocked with Rancher’s Choice premium AAA Canadian beef sourced from local farms, and broad selections of homestyle gourmet sausages, kabobs, marinated meats, and Ocean Wise seafood
- A new bakery stocked with baked-in-store treats, a custom cake program, iced angel food cake with real whipped cream and fresh strawberries, and freshly baked breads made with quality ingredients and Western Canadian wheat
- A perfect selection of stunning hand tied bouquets, potted plants, and fresh-cut flowers
- Fresh cut fruit and vegetables as well as fresh-pressed juice in the produce department
- A large selection of Save-On-Foods Kitchen grab ’n’ go items including signature sandwiches, homestyle fried chicken, ready-to-bake pizza, self-serve soups, freshly brewed coffee, chicken wings, and perfectly prepared in-store rolled sushi
- A popcorn kiosk – to greet customers with the buttery aromatics of freshly popped kernels
Save-On-Foods Pine Centre is open from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week.