Pursuant to the BC Emergency Program Act, an evacuation order has been issued by Cariboo Regional District at the Emergency Operations Centre (EOC) for 28 parcels in the Horn Lake area. This order covers 6,368 hectares south of the community of Tatla Lake. This order replaces the evacuation alert issued on September 15, 2023 at 2:45 p.m.
Due to immediate danger to life safety due to fire, members of the RCMP or other groups will be expediting this action. The evacuation route is:
- Travel NORTH on Bluff Lake Road to Highway 20;
- Follow Highway 20 EAST to Williams Lake.
Evacuees can access Emergency Support Services (ESS) by self-registering using the Evacuee Registration & Assistance (ERA) tool at https://ess.gov.bc.ca/. Evacuees can also call 250-267-4861 to register.
WHAT YOU SHOULD DO:
- You must leave the area immediately
- Register at the ESS Centre listed above
- Close all windows and doors
- Do not shut off your natural gas if you receive an evacuation order. For more information visit www.fortisbc.com
- Close gates (latch) but do not lock
- Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help
- Take critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available. Take pets in pet kennels or on leash.
- Do not use more vehicles than you have to.
- Do not use the telephone unless you need emergency service.
YOU MUST LEAVE THE AREA IMMEDIATELY
Further information will be issued as it becomes available. Please visit the CRD Emergency Operations Facebook page, the CRD website, or contact the CRD’s public information line at 1-866-759-4977, which is open today until 4:00 p.m. and then daily from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. daily.
Residents are strongly encouraged to register for the Cariboo Chilcotin Emergency Notification System to receive a text, call or email regarding Evacuation Alerts and Orders.