Residents of the evacuation order area may qualify for Evacuation Support Service. Please contact the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George at 250-960-4400 or 1-800-667-1959 for assistance.
Conditions in the evacuation alert area could unexpectedly change and the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George may require an immediate evacuation of the area to ensure the safety of residents and front-line responders.
In an evacuation alert, take the following actions to help prevent damage to your property and for your personal safety:
- Prepare to leave the area on short notice
- Prepare a 72-hour personal emergency kit for you and your family (including medications)
- Gather important papers and move valuables to alternate locations
- Make arrangements for pets to be moved to a safe location
- Identify a safe alternate location for livestock or hobby farm animals if an evacuation order is issued
For more information on what happens in an evacuation, visit www.gov.bc.ca/preparedbc. For updates on the status of the wildfire, visit www.bcwildfire.ca
Updates on the status of this evacuation order and evacuation alert will be posted on the Regional District’s website (www.rdffg.bc.ca) and Facebook page.