November 29 is Giving Tuesday – a global day of giving where everyone is encouraged to do good things to support one another – whether through acts of kindness or donations.
The Prince George Community Foundation is giving out $18,000 in one-time grants to support charities in Prince George, and they need your help. They have put the names of all local registered charities into a basket and selected three finalists in each of its six categories of giving: Arts & Culture, Education, Environment, Social Services, Health and Sports & Recreation. Each winner will receive $3,000 for a total of $18,000.
The finalists in each category are:
Arts and Culture:
- Two Rivers Gallery
- Coldsnap (PG Folkest Society)
- Prince George Cantata Singers
- Central BC Railway & Forestry Museum
- Junior Achievement BC
- Friends of the Prince George Public Library
Sports and Recreation:
- Caledonia Adaptive Snowsports Society
- Northbreast Passage Dragon Boat Society
- Canadian Mental Health Association of Northern BC
- Prince George Brain Injured Group
- Spinal Cord Injury BC
- David Douglas Botanical Garden
- PG REAPS
- Ducks Unlimited
- Carrier Sekani Family Services
- Central Interior Native Health
- Crisis Prevention & Information Centre for Northern BC
Visit their website to vote today. www.pgcf.ca
What do you think about this story?