VICTORIA – As of Thursday, March 31, 2022, 90.8% (4,528,450) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.3% (4,352,964) have received their second dose.
In addition, 93.5% (4,331,950) of eligible people 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 91.1% (4,220,991)have received their second dose and 57.5% (2,667,279) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.8% (4,056,892) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 91.5% (3,956,215) have received their second dose and 59.3% (2,564,549) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 249 new cases of COVID-19, including one epi-linked case, for a total of 356,501 cases in the province.
The new cases include:
* Fraser Health: 46
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 55
* Interior Health: 71
* Northern Health: 21
* Island Health: 56
* People who reside outside of Canada: zero
There are 281 individuals hospitalized with COVID-19 and 42 are in intensive care.
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths (Fraser Health) have been reported, for an overall total of 2,998.
There have been two new health-care facility outbreaks at Parkview Place and Monahsee Mews (Interior Health), for a total of nine facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Monahsee Mews (Interior Health)
* The Heights at Mt. View, Selkirk Seniors Village, Amica Douglas House, Acacia Ty Mawr, Sunridge Place Seniors and Ayre Manor (Island Health)
* acute care:
* Surrey Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Complex Care: Parkview Place (Interior Health)
From March 23-29, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 17.3% of cases and from March 16-29 they accounted for 21.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (March 23-29) – Total 1,614
* Not vaccinated: 256 (15.9%)
* Partially vaccinated: 24 (1.4%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,334 (82.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (March 16-29) – Total 370
* Not vaccinated: 69 (18.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 12 (3.2%)
* Fully vaccinated: 289 (78.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (March 23-29)
* Not vaccinated: 69.7
* Partially vaccinated: 15.7
* Fully vaccinated: 28.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (March 16-29)
* Not vaccinated: 20.2
* Partially vaccinated: 11.4
* Fully vaccinated: 6.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 11,491,137 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.
What do you think about this story?