VICTORIA – As of Friday, Feb 4, 2022, 90% (4,486,817) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.2% (4,199,246) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.8% (4,302,180) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 90.2% (4,179,452) received their second dose, and 48.1% (2,229,462) have received a third dose.
Also, 93.2% (4,029,724) of all eligible adults have received their first dose, 90.6% (3,919,760) received their second dose, and 51.5% (2,227,223) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 1,799 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 330,942 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are currently 25,479 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 301,573 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 946 COVID-positive individuals are currently in hospital and 139 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 551 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 9,987
* 294 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 4,828
* 531 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 7,976
* 191 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,155
* 232 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 1,516
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 17
In the past 24 hours, 19 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,675.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: five
* Vancouver Coastal Health: six
* Northern Health: two
* Island Health: six
There have been three new health-care facility outbreaks at Creekside Landing (Interior Health), Chemainus Health Care Centre and Selkirk Seniors Village (Island Health). The outbreak at Joseph Creek Care Village (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 58 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* George Derby Centre, Cascade Lodge, Mountain View Manor, Queen’s Park Care Centre, Royal City Manor, Residence at Clayton Heights (Fraser Health)
* Evergreen House, Louis Brier Home and Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* Lakeview Lodge, Heritage Square, Village at Smith Creek, Westview Place, Pinegrove Care Centre, Mariposa Gardens, Hamlets at Penticton, Mount Ida Mews, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Dr. Andrew Pavilion, Poplar Ridge, Monashee Mews, Noric House, McKinney Place, Glenmore Lodge, Trinity Care Centre, Gillis House (Interior Health)
* Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, Dufferin Place, Beacon Hill Villa, Salvation Army Sunset Lodge, James Bay Care Centre, Sunset Lodge, Eagle Ridge Manor, Fir Park Village, The Summit, Echo Village, Arrowsmith Lodge, Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence, Woodgrove Manor, Amica on the Gorge, The Gardens at Qualicum Beach, Tsawaayuus Rainbow Gardens, Berwick on The Lake, Chemainus Health Care Centre and Selkirk Seniors Village (Island Health)
* acute care:
* Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Queen’s Park Care Centre (Fraser Health)
* Victoria General Hospital, Nanaimo Regional General Hospital, Cowichan District Hospital (Island Health); and
* Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Crestview Village, Summerland Seniors Village, Creekside Landing (Interior Health); and
* Nanaimo Seniors Village (Island Health)
From Jan. 27 to Feb. 2, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 24.9% of cases and from Jan. 20 to Feb. 2 they accounted for 31.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 27 to Feb. 2) – Total 10,410
* Not vaccinated: 2,088 (20.1%)
* Partially vaccinated: 499 (4.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 7,823 (75.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Jan. 20 to Feb. 2) – Total 1,289
* Not vaccinated: 339 (26.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 63 (4.9%)
* Fully vaccinated: 887 (68.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 27 to Feb. 2)
* Not vaccinated: 411.7
* Partially vaccinated: 162.6
* Fully vaccinated: 234.8
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 20 to Feb. 2)
* Not vaccinated: 88.2
* Partially vaccinated: 49.6
* Fully vaccinated: 19.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 10,872,777 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.