Thought you might get away with not having to work off that Christmas turkey? Think again. Your gym is going to re-open as Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry has eased COVID-19 restrictions for fitness centres.
Starting January 20, adult indoor individual, group fitness or exercise activities and adult dance classes and activities are allowed with increased safety protocols and capacity limits, including:
- Capacity based on 7m2 of floor space per person for both individual and group fitness and exercise classes
- In addition to floor space, all group fitness and exercise classes have a capacity limit of 25 people
- Masks worn at all times, except when actively exercising. We strongly encourage people wear a mask even when exercising
- Pre-bookings for drop-in individual fitness where operationally possible
Until midnight tonight, however, adult indoor individual and group fitness or exercise activities are not allowed. For example:
- Working out at a gym. Gyms at hotels and apartments can stay open
- Participating in low or high intensity group exercise or fitness classes, including yoga, barre, CrossFit, High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and weight training
- Participating in dance classes at a dance studio
Programs specifically for children and youth are allowed.