VICTORIA – As of Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2022, 88.9% (4,429,847) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.2% (4,148,538) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.2% (4,275,308) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.5% (4,148,174) received their second dose and 27.9% (1,293,926) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.6% (4,005,282) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 90% (3,891,188) received their second dose and 29.9% (1,292,823) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 2,859 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 288,939 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are currently 36,641 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 246,693 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 500 individuals are currently in hospital and 102 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 982 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 16,524
* 697 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 10,102
* 534 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 4,628
* 195 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,139
* 451 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 4,245
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: three
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,455.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: two
There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks at Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health) and Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health). The outbreak at Ridgeview Lodge (Interior Health) has been declared over, for a total of 49 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* The Oxford Senior Care Home, Fort Langley Seniors Community, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, The Residence in Mission, Czorny Alzheimer Centre, George Derby Centre, White Rock Seniors Village, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Dania Home, Amica White Rock, Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health);
* Kopernik Lodge, Fraserview Retirement Community, Lakeview Care Centre, St. Vincent’s Langara, German Canadian Benevolent Society Home, Crofton Manor (Vancouver Coastal Health);
* Mount Cartier Court, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
* Amica Douglas House, Aberdeen Hospital, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Selkirk Seniors Village, Clover Point Care, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, and Oyster Harbour (Island Health)
* acute care:
* Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Langley Memorial Hospital, Laurel Place, Burnaby Hospital, Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* Kelowna General Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* The Waverly Seniors Village (Fraser Health)
From Jan. 4-10, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 20.1% of cases and from Dec. 28 to Jan. 10, they accounted for 35.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 4-10) – Total 18,737
* Not vaccinated: 3,162 (16.9%)
* Partially vaccinated: 599 (3.2%)
* Fully vaccinated: 14,976 (79.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 28 to Jan. 10) – Total 615
* Not vaccinated: 194 (31.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 27 (4.4%)
* Fully vaccinated: 394 (64.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 4-10)
* Not vaccinated: 468.5
* Partially vaccinated: 192.1
* Fully vaccinated: 324.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 28 to Jan. 10)
* Not vaccinated: 47.2
* Partially vaccinated: 22.2
* Fully vaccinated: 8.5
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,834,018 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.