VICTORIA – As of Tuesday, Jan. 11, 2022, 88.8% (4,426,451) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 83.2% (4,146,540) have received their second dose.
In addition, 92.2% (4,273,371) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.4% (4,146,186) received their second dose and 26.8% (1,239,995) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.6% (4,003,464) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.9% (3,889,316) received their second dose and 28.6% (1,238,916) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 2,239 new cases of COVID-19, including nine epi-linked cases, for a total of 286,080 cases in the province.
There are 36,087 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 244,551 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 469 individuals are in hospital and 97 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 807 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 15,988
* 383 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 10,334
* 318 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 4,295
* 167 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,136
* 562 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 4,330
* two new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: four
In the past 24 hours, three new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,449.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: one
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: one
There have been four new health-care facility outbreaks at Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health), Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, and Oyster Harbour (Island Health). The outbreaks at Mission Memorial Hospital and Hawthorne Lodge (Fraser Health) have been declared over, for a total of 45 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* The Oxford Senior Care Home, Fort Langley Seniors Community, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, The Residence in Mission, Czorny Alzheimer Centre, George Derby Centre, White Rock Seniors Village, CareLife Fleetwood, Evergreen Baptist Care Society, Hilton Villa Seniors Community, Kinsmen Lodge, Kiwanis Care Centre, Peace Arch Hospital Foundation Lodge, Morgan Place, Maple Ridge Seniors Village, Dania Home, Amica White Rock, Glenwood Seniors Community (Fraser Health);
* Kopernik Lodge, Fraserview Retirement Community, Lakeview Care Centre, St. Vincent’s Langara, German Canadian Benevolent Society Home, Crofton Manor (Vancouver Coastal Health);
* Ridgeview Lodge, Mount Cartier Court, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
* Amica Douglas House, Aberdeen Hospital, Eden Gardens, Glenwarren Lodge, Kiwanis Village Lodge, Selkirk Seniors Village, Clover Point Care, Saanich Peninsula Hospital – Long Term Care, and Oyster Harbour (Island Health)
* acute care:
* Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital, Royal Columbian Hospital and Abbotsford Regional Hospital (Fraser Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* The Waverly Seniors Village (Fraser Health)
From Jan. 3-9, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 19.4% of cases. From Dec. 27 to Jan. 9, they accounted for 35.6% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Jan. 3-9) – Total 19,206
* Not vaccinated: 3,125 (16.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 597 (3.1%)
* Fully vaccinated: 15,484 (80.6%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 27 to Jan. 9) – Total 422
* Not vaccinated: 135 (32.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 15 (3.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 272 (64.4%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Jan. 3-9)
* Not vaccinated: 462.5
* Partially vaccinated: 195.4
* Fully vaccinated: 336.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 27 to Jan. 9)
* Not vaccinated: 33.1
* Partially vaccinated: 11.7
* Fully vaccinated: 5.8
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,775,058 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.