Yeah, it’s 40 below out. So what. It’s time to break out the bikinis and Speedos and go for a dip in the lake.
The Ness Lake Bible Camp’s annual Polar Bear Dip is set for New Year’s Day. While it’s a chance for we in the North to show how hale and hearty we are, it’s also a chance to help child go to camp.
Every child deserves to go to camp and the Ness Lake Bible Camp has always strived to make camp accessible for all. One way it does that is by fundraising in order to pay part of the fees for families that are not financially in a place to afford camp for their kids.
All funds raised at Polar Bear Dip go directly to the Camper Sponsorship Fund.
In addition, there great prizes for the brave souls that go in. There will be prizes for top fundraiser and best costume.
The Polar Bear Dip is a great spectator event as well with over 80 dippers going in there is always something exciting to see. The event is followed by free hot chocolate and cinnamon buns.
Schedule for January 1:
- Check in at 1:30 in the Gym.
- At 2:00 we will judge costumes and talk about safety when dipping.
- Dipping starts at 2:30.
- Entry Fee is $40.00 (anyone who raises more than $40.00 in pledges will have this fee waived. Prize for top pledge raiser)
- Free Polar Bear Dip T-shirts for the first 75 dippers
- Costumes are optional (but encouraged, prizes for best costume!)
- Pledge forms and general information is available at www.nesslakebiblecamp.com
- Money raised from this event will go towards the camper sponsorship fund which makes camp possible for families who would otherwise not be able to afford it.
This year our goal is to send all the kids from the Quinson Community!
Every kid deserves to go to camp and we have always strived to make camp accessible for all. One way we do that is by paying for part of the fees for families that are not financially in a place to afford to send their kids.
- Pledges: Participants are encouraged to raise pledges towards the camper sponsorship fund
- Cheques should be made out to Ness Lake Bible Camp
- Donations over $20 are tax deductible
- Price for the top pledge raiser – Help us send kids to camp!
- Last year’s Polar Bear Dip raised approximately $32,000 (record breaking)
- Participants and spectators will be required to show proof of vaccination to enter buildings and ceremony seating is limited.
Visit www.nesslakebiblecamp.com to register for the event and download a pledge form.
There is a Donate Now button on our website, along with wavier and pledge forms.