VICTORIA – As of Thursday, Dec. 30, 2021, 88.0% (4,388,068) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.9% (4,131,506) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.9% (4,260,681) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 89.1% (4,131,345) have received their second dose and 19.1% (884,416) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.3% (3,991,809) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.6% (3,875,648) have received their second dose, and 20.4% (883,558) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 4,383 new cases of COVID-19, including 21 epi-linked cases, for a total of 251,054 cases in the province.
There are 17,357 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 230,784 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 211 individuals are in hospital and 66 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 2,319 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 7,940
* 977 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 6,424
* 501 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 1,713
* 122 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 422
* 460 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 856
* four new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: two
Note: Active cases exclude those who have died, discontinued isolation or been lost to followup.
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Interior Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,420.
There have been 2,825 cases of the Omicron variant of concern confirmed in B.C.:
* Fraser Health: 777
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 1,333
* Interior Health: 152
* Northern Health: 13
* Island Health: 548
* Unknown: two
There have been six new health-care facility outbreaks at Mission Memorial Hospital, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens and Guildford Seniors Village (Fraser Health), for a total of 13 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* The Oxford Senior Care Home, Fort Langley Seniors Community, AgeCare Harmony Court, New Vista Care Centre, Chartwell Langley Gardens, Chartwell Carlton Gardens, Chartwell Crescent Gardens, Guildford Seniors Village (Fraser Health); and
* Ridgeview Lodge (Interior Health)
* acute care:
* Mission Memorial Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* Lions Gate Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* The Waverly Seniors Village (Fraser Health)
* mental health and substance use:
* UBC Hospital – Detwiller Pavillion (Vancouver Coastal Health)
From Dec. 22-28, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 15.8% of cases.
From Dec. 15-28, they accounted for 54.7% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Dec. 22-28) – Total 15,429
* Not vaccinated: 2,185 (14.2%)
* Partially vaccinated: 249 (1.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 12,995 (84.2%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 15-28) – Total 117
* Not vaccinated: 64 (54.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 0 (0.0%)
* Fully vaccinated: 53 (45.3%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 22-28)
* Not vaccinated: 337.3
* Partially vaccinated: 96.4
* Fully vaccinated: 283.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 15-28)
* Not vaccinated: 14.9
* Partially vaccinated: 0.0
* Fully vaccinated: 1.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,368,643 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.