VICTORIA – As of Wednesday, Dec. 22, 2021, 87.6% (4,366,010) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.7% (4,122,434) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.8% (4,253,714) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.9% (4,122,360) have received their second dose and 16% (764,498) have received a third dose.
Also, 92.1% (3,985,464) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89.4% (3,867,516) have received their second dose and 18% (763,715) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 1,474 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 231,117 cases in the province.
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are 7,253 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 221,280 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 187 individuals are in hospital and 71 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 435 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,277
* 711 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 2,952
* 113 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 683
* 39 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 195
* 176 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 1,146
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: zero
In the last 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,409.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: two
Note: The update on cases of the Omicron variant of concern will be provided in tomorrow’s COVID-19 pandemic update.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. There is one active outbreak in:
* long-term care:
* acute care:
* Lions Gate Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
From Dec. 14-20, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 28.3% of cases.
From Dec. 7-20, they accounted for 70.5% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Dec. 14-20) – Total 5,944
* Not vaccinated: 1,602 (27.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 78 (1.3%)
* Fully vaccinated: 4,264 (71.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Dec. 7-20) – Total 183
* Not vaccinated: 122 (66.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 7 (3.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 54 (29.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 14-20)
* Not vaccinated: 226
* Partially vaccinated: 38.3
* Fully vaccinated: 93.7
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 7-20)
* Not vaccinated: 28.1
* Partially vaccinated: 6
* Fully vaccinated: 1.2
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 9,219,326 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.