VICTORIA – As of Monday, Dec. 13, 2021, 86.5% (4,310,875) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.3% (4,102,917) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.5% (4,241,514) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.5% (4,102,880) received their second dose and 13% (589,595) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.9% (3,974,421) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 89% (3,850,076) received their second dose and 14% (588,870) have received a third dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,129 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 223,142 cases in the province:
* Dec. 10-11: 415 new cases
* Dec. 11-12: 365 new cases
* Dec. 12-13: 349 new cases
Note: The numbers of total and new cases are provisional due to a delayed data refresh and will be verified once confirmed.
There are currently 2,949 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 217,705 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 185 individuals are currently in hospital and 72 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 342 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 850
* 202 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 565
* 200 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 529
* 78 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 240
* 307 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 764
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: one
In the past 72 hours, five new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,386.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: one
Note: The update on cases of the Omicron variant of concern will be provided in tomorrow’s COVID-19 pandemic update.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreak at George Derby Centre (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of three facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health)
* acute care:
* Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
The outbreak at Supportive Housing Victoria (Island Health) has been declared over.
From Dec. 3-9, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 54.9% of cases and from Nov. 26 to Dec. 9, they accounted for 67.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Dec. 3-9) – Total 2,429
* Not vaccinated: 1,262 (52%)
* Partially vaccinated: 71 (2.9%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,096 (45.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 26 to Dec. 9) – Total 162
* Not vaccinated: 102 (63.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 8 (4.9%)
* Fully vaccinated: 52 (32.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Dec. 3-9)
* Not vaccinated: 161.3
* Partially vaccinated: 35.8
* Fully vaccinated: 24.3
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 26 to Dec. 9)
* Not vaccinated: 21.8
* Partially vaccinated: 6.3
* Fully vaccinated: 1.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,972,851 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.