PRINCE RUPERT – Drivers can expect overnight delays between Prince Rupert and Chetwynd from Dec. 9-13, 2021.
During this time, large commercial vehicles will transport oversized cargo that requires a full closure on sections of the highway. This ensures the safe transport of cargo and the safety of motorists.
All closures are scheduled during times of expected low traffic volumes to reduce the impact on travellers.
Drivers can expect to see intermittent closures and related traffic disruptions on the following routes:
* Highway 16 from Prince Rupert to Terrace on Thursday, Dec. 9, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
* Highway 16 from Terrace to Topley on Friday, Dec. 10, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
* Highway 16 from Topley to Prince George on Saturday, Dec. 11, from 11 p.m. to 5 a.m.
* Highway 16 from Prince George to Highway 97 at Bear Lake Sunday, Dec. 12, from midnight to 5 a.m.
* Highway 97 from Bear Lake to Highway 29 just north of Chetwynd at Jackfish Lake Road, Monday, Dec. 13, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Note: The above schedule is dependant on a number of factors, including weather and road conditions. Drivers can check DriveBC.ca for the most up-to-date information before travel. Drivers are reminded to obey posted speed limits, traffic control devices, and flag persons.