VICTORIA – As of Wednesday, Dec. 8, 2021, 85.8% (4,274,610) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82.1% (4,091,486) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.4% (4,235,490) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.3% (4,091,455) received their second dose and 11% (522,264) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.8% (3,969,008) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.8% (3,839,978) received their second dose and 12% (521,567) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 379 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 221,235 cases in the province.
There are 2,874 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 215,884 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 224 individuals are currently in hospital and 77 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 104 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 924
* 64 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 497
* 94 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 580
* 49 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 276
* 65 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 595
* three new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: two
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,369.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Northern Health: one
* Island Health: three
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
* Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health)
* acute care:
* Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
From Nov. 30 to Dec. 6, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 59.0% of cases.
From Nov. 23 to Dec. 6, they accounted for 67.5% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 30 to Dec. 6) – Total 2,429
* Not vaccinated: 1,344 (55.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 90 (3.7%)
* Fully vaccinated: 995 (41.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 23 to Dec. 6) – Total 197
* Not vaccinated: 127 (64.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 6 (3.0%)
* Fully vaccinated: 64 (32.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 30 to Dec. 6)
* Not vaccinated: 170.5
* Partially vaccinated: 42.7
* Fully vaccinated: 22.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 23 to Dec. 6)
* Not vaccinated: 27.6
* Partially vaccinated: 4.3
* Fully vaccinated: 1.4
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,859,240 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.