VICTORIA – As of Tuesday, Dec. 7, 2021, 85.6% (4,267,612) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 82% (4,088,609) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.3% (4,234,006) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88.2% (4,088,578) received their second dose and 11% (504,977) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.7% (3,967,671) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.7% (3,837,410) received their second dose and 12% (504,287) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 326 new cases of COVID-19, including nine new epi-linked cases, for a total of 220,856 cases in the province.
There are 2,814 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 215,577 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 242 individuals are in hospital and 82 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 92 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 930
* 53 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 471
* 88 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 561
* 22 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 261
* 71 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 591
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: zero
In the last 24 hours, one new death (Northern Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,363.
Five cases of the Omicron variant of concern (VOC) have been confirmed in British Columbia, three of which are in Vancouver Coastal Health and two in Fraser Health. All five cases are related to international travel.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks, for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
* Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health)
* acute care:
* Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
From Nov. 29-Dec. 5, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.7% of cases.
From Nov. 22-Dec. 5, they accounted for 63.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 29 to Dec. 5) – Total 2,423
* Not vaccinated: 1,326 (54.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 97 (4.0%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,000 (41.3%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 22 to Dec. 5) – Total 182
* Not vaccinated: 108 (59.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 7 (3.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 67 (36.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 29 to Dec. 5)
* Not vaccinated: 170.9
* Partially vaccinated: 46.8
* Fully vaccinated: 22.2
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 22 to Dec. 5)
* Not vaccinated: 23.3
* Partially vaccinated: 5.2
* Fully vaccinated: 1.5
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,832,580 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.