VICTORIA – As of Friday, Dec. 3, 2021, 85.1% (4,240,459) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.8% (4,079,299) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.2% (4,229,649) of eligible people 12 and older have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 88% (4,079,277) received their second dose and 10% (469,176) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.6% (3,963,783) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.5% (3,829,103) received their second dose and 11% (468,509) have received a third dose.
B.C. is reporting 405 new cases of COVID-19, including five new epi-linked cases, for a total of 219,584 cases in the province.
There are currently 3,071 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 214,047 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 276 individuals are currently in hospital and 95 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 110 new cases in Fraser Health
* total active cases: 990
* 45 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* total active cases: 498
* 97 new cases in Interior Health
* total active cases: 585
* 57 new cases in Northern Health
* total active cases: 351
* 96 new cases in Island Health
* total active cases: 646
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* total active cases: one
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,351.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Island Health: two
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
There is one new health-care facility outbreak at Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health). The outbreak at Peace Villa (Northern Health) has been declared over, for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
* Ponderosa Lodge (Interior Health)
* acute care:
* Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
From Nov. 25 to Dec. 1, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58% of cases and from Nov. 18 to Dec. 1, they accounted for 65.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 25 to Dec. 1) – Total 2,411
* Not vaccinated: 1,303 (54%)
* Partially vaccinated: 96 (4%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,012 (42%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 18 to Dec. 1) – Total 246
* Not vaccinated: 151 (61.4%)
* Partially vaccinated: 11 (4.5%)
* Fully vaccinated: 84 (34.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 25 to Dec. 1)
* Not vaccinated: 176.3
* Partially vaccinated: 44.0
* Fully vaccinated: 22.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 18 to Dec. 1)
* Not vaccinated: 32.6
* Partially vaccinated: 7.8
* Fully vaccinated: 1.8
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,761,618 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.