VICTORIA – As of Wednesday, Dec. 1, 2021, 84.8% (4,228,684) of eligible people five and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 81.7% (4,072,923) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.2% (4,225,895) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine, 87.9% (4,072,902) received their second dose, and 9% (434,790) have received a third dose.
Also, 91.6% (3,960,344) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose, 88.4% (3,823,351) received their second dose, and 10% (434,146) have received a third dose.
Today’s case counts are provisional and may be updated.
B.C. is reporting 375 new cases of COVID-19, including no epi-linked cases, for a total of 218,801 cases in the province.
There are 2,936 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 213,394 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 301 individuals are in hospital and 98 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 98 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 994
* 70 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 476
* 69 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 537
* 62 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 360
* 76 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 569
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: zero
In the past 24 hours, seven new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,340.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Island Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: one
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks for a total of five facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
* Peace Villa (Northern Health)
* acute care:
* Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
From Nov. 23-29, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.2% of cases.
From Nov. 16-29, they accounted for 68.1% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 23-29) – Total 2,414
* Not vaccinated: 1,310 (54.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 95 (3.9%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,009 (41.8%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 16-29) – Total 267
* Not vaccinated: 171 (64.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 11 (4.1%)
* Fully vaccinated: 85 (31.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 23-29)
* Not vaccinated: 180.6
* Partially vaccinated: 43.6
* Fully vaccinated: 22.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 16-29)
* Not vaccinated: 36.4
* Partially vaccinated: 7.4
* Fully vaccinated: 1.9
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,709,802 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna, AstraZeneca and Pfizer Pediatric COVID-19 vaccines.