VICTORIA – As of Friday, Nov. 26, 2021, 91.0% (4,219,790) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.6% (4,060,193) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.4% (3,954,871) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 88.1% (3,812,040) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 341 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 217,099 cases in the province.
There are 3,035 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 211,577 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 291 individuals are in hospital and 115 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 100 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,071
* 65 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 536
* 77 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 593
* 31 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 381
* 68 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 448
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: six
In the past 24 hours, six new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,322.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: three
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Northern Health: one
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Queens Park Care Centre and Dufferin Care Centre have been declared over, for a total of eight facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Tabor Home, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre (Fraser Health); and
* Peace Villa (Northern Health)
* acute care:
* Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* St. Paul’s Hospital (Vancouver Coastal Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
From Nov. 18-24, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 59.2% of cases.
From Nov. 11-24, they accounted for 68.4% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 18-24) – Total 2,612
* Not vaccinated: 1,461 (55.9%)
* Partially vaccinated: 87 (3.3%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,064 (40.7%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 11-24) – Total 294
* Not vaccinated: 182 (61.9%)
* Partially vaccinated: 19 (6.5%)
* Fully vaccinated: 93 (31.6%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 18-24)
* Not vaccinated: 195.9
* Partially vaccinated: 39.0
* Fully vaccinated: 23.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 11-24)
* Not vaccinated: 38.3
* Partially vaccinated: 11.9
* Fully vaccinated: 2.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,630,478 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.