VICTORIA – As of Wednesday, Nov. 24, 2021, 91% (4,216,384) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.4% (4,053,088) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.4% (3,951,940) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 88% (3,805,799) have received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 322 new cases of COVID-19, including two epi-linked cases, for a total of 216,334 cases in the province.
There are 3,015 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 210,828 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 318 individuals are in hospital and 109 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 100 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,095
* 50 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 472
* 86 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 606
* 44 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 415
* 42 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 421
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: six
In the last 24 hours, nine new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,313.
The new deaths include:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: three
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: five
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Village by the Station and Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health) have been declared over, for a total of 10 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Queens Park Care Centre, Tabor Home, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health); and
* Peace Villa (Northern Health)
* acute care:
* Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
There has been one new outbreak at St. Ann’s Catholic School (Northern Health).
From Nov. 16-22, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 58.1% of cases.
From Nov. 9-22, they accounted for 69.2% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 16-22) – Total 2,663
* Not vaccinated: 1,438 (54%)
* Partially vaccinated: 109 (4.1%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,116 (41.9%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 9-22) – Total 299
* Not vaccinated: 184 (61.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 23 (7.7%)
* Fully vaccinated: 92 (30.8%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 16-22)
* Not vaccinated: 193.8
* Partially vaccinated: 48.1
* Fully vaccinated: 25.1
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 9-22)
* Not vaccinated: 38.4
* Partially vaccinated: 15.8
* Fully vaccinated: 2.0
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,587,520 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.