VICTORIA – As of Monday, Nov. 22, 2021, 90.9% (4,213,371) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 87.3% (4,047,568) have received their second dose.
In addition, 91.3% (3,949,189) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.9% (3,800,763) have received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,052 new cases of COVID-19, including three epi-linked cases, for a total of 215,688 cases in the province:
* Nov. 19-20: 390 new cases
* Nov. 20-21: 332 new cases
* Nov. 21-22: 330 new cases
There are 3,132 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 210,070 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 337 individuals are in hospital and 115 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 345 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,148
* 125 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 436
* 227 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 589
* 196 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 528
* 159 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 436
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 0
In the last 72 hours, 10 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,303.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: two
* Vancouver Coastal Health: two
* Northern Health: four
* Island Health: two
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. The outbreaks at Cascade Gardens, The Cedars, Harrison Pointe, Revera Parkwood Manor, Burnaby Hospital (Fraser Health), Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health), Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre (Interior Health), Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence and Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health) have been declared over, for a total of 12 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Queens Park Care Centre, Tabor Home, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health);
* Village by the Station, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health); and
* Peace Villa (Northern Health)
* acute care:
* Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health); and
* Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Laurier Manor (Northern Health)
The outbreaks at Millar College of the Bible, Vernon Christian school and King’s Christian school (Interior Health) have been declared over.
From Nov. 12-18, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 59.8% of cases.
From Nov. 5-18, they accounted for 69.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 12-18) – Total 2,845
* Not vaccinated: 1,580 (55.5%)
* Partially vaccinated: 123 (4.3%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,142 (40.1%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 5-18) – Total 313
* Not vaccinated: 191 (61.0%)
* Partially vaccinated: 28 (8.9%)
* Fully vaccinated: 94 (30.0%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 12-18)
* Not vaccinated: 209.7
* Partially vaccinated: 50.9
* Fully vaccinated: 25.9
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 5-18)
* Not vaccinated: 39.6
* Partially vaccinated: 18.0
* Fully vaccinated: 2.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,551,866 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the joint statement on Health Canada’s approval of COVID-19 pediatric vaccine, visit:
For the Nov. 4, 2021, modelling presentation, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/04.11.21_Covid19Modelling.pdf
For the Oct. 26, 2021, announcement on COVID-19 booster shots for all British Columbians, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25604
For information on booster doses, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/booster
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit:
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit:
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html