VICTORIA – As of Tuesday, Nov. 16, 2021, 90.7% (4,204,465) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 86.8% (4,023,930) received their second dose.
In addition, 91.1% (3,941,248) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 87.4% (3,779,157) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 338 new cases of COVID-19, including 18 epi-linked cases, for a total of 213,358 cases in the province.
There are currently 3,568 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 207,275 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 376 individuals are currently in hospital and 107 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 160 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,297
* 40 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 506
* 39 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 683
* 57 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 510
* 42 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 513
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
In the past 24 hours, one new death (Fraser Health) has been reported, for an overall total of 2,274.
There has been one new health-care facility outbreak at Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health). The outbreak at Swedish Assisted Living Residence (Fraser Health) has been declared over, for a total of 23 facilities with ongoing outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Queens Park Care Centre, Rosemary Heights Seniors Village, Tabor Home, Cascade Gardens, Maplewood House, George Derby Centre, Dufferin Care Centre (Fraser Health);
* Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
* Village by the Station, Brocklehurst Gemstone Care Centre, Sun Pointe Village (Interior Health);
* Peace Villa (Northern Health); and
* Chartwell Malaspina Care Residence (Island Health).
* acute care:
* Queen’s Park Care Centre, Abbotsford Regional Hospital, Burnaby Hospital, Ridge Meadows Hospital (Fraser Health);
* Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health);
* Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health); and
* Nanaimo Regional General Hospital (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living:
* Harrison Pointe, The Cedars and Revera Parkwood Manor (Fraser Health).
From Nov. 8-14, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 60.5% of cases. and from Nov. 1-14, they accounted for 68.5% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Nov. 8-14) – Total 3,184
* Not vaccinated: 1,772 (55.7%)
* Partially vaccinated: 152 (4.8%)
* Fully vaccinated: 1,260 (39.6%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Nov. 1-14) – Total 298
* Not vaccinated: 182 (61.1%)
* Partially vaccinated: 22 (7.4%)
* Fully vaccinated: 94 (31.5%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 8-14)
* Not vaccinated: 227.7
* Partially vaccinated: 62.7
* Fully vaccinated: 28.6
Past two weeks, cases hospitalized per 100,000 population after adjusting for age (Nov. 1-14)
* Not vaccinated: 37.2
* Partially vaccinated: 14.3
* Fully vaccinated: 2.1
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,452,904 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.