VICTORIA – As of Monday, Oct. 25, 2021, 89.6% (4,152,455) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 84.4% (3,910,536) have received their second dose.
In addition, 90.0% (3,893,775) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 85.0% (3,676,200) have received their second dose.
Over a three-day period, B.C. is reporting 1,618 new cases of COVID-19, including 21 epi-linked cases, for a total of 202,516 cases in the province:
* Oct. 22-23: 613 new cases
* Oct. 23-24: 529 new cases
* Oct. 24-25: 476 new cases
There are 4,966 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 195,055 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 366 individuals are in hospital and 149 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
Note: Intensive care numbers are a subset of the total in hospital. They are not in addition to the number of people in hospital.
The new/active cases include:
* 699 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 2,030
* 190 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 619
* 254 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 665
* 289 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 1,042
* 186 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 551
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 59
In the past 72 hours, 20 new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 2,129.
The new deaths include:
* Fraser Health: four
* Vancouver Coastal Health: three
* Interior Health: six
* Northern Health: four
* Island Health: three
There have been five new health-care facility outbreaks at Chilliwack General Hospital, Valleyhaven Retirement Community, Harrison Pointe, Norman Manor (Fraser Health) and Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health). The outbreak at Tofino General Hospital (Island Health) has been declared over, for a total of 29 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care:
* Willingdon Care Centre, Westminster House, Magnolia Gardens, Manoah Manor, Cherington Place, West Shore Laylum, Queens Park Care Centre, Heritage Village, Valleyhaven Retirement Community (Fraser Health);
* Amica Lions Gate, Amica Edgemont (Vancouver Coastal Health);
* Cottonwoods Care Centre, Overlander, Village by the Station, Haven Hill Retirement Centre, Deni House (Interior Health); and
* Wrinch Memorial Hospital (Northern Health).
* acute care:
* Mission Memorial Hospital, Chilliwack General Hospital (Fraser Health);
* University Hospital of Northern BC, GR Baker Memorial Hospital and Bulkley Valley District Hospital (Northern Health).
* assisted or independent living:
* Sunset Manor, Evergreen Manor, Menno Terrace West, The Emerald at Elim Village, Swedish Assisted Living Residence, Harrison Pointe and Norman Manor (Fraser Health).
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 8,156,567 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For regional restrictions in the Northern Health region, visit:
For information on a third dose for people who are moderately to severely immunocompromised, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register#immunocompromised
As they become available, information on school outbreaks will be posted online: www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/public-exposures
For surgical renewal commitment progress reports, visit:
To learn about how B.C. counts its daily COVID-19 cases in hospitals, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2021HLTH0058-001844
To learn about the BC Vaccine Card and how to access yours, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/vaccinecard.html
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data or: www.bccdc.ca
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register or: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
* Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
* Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
* Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
* Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures