Caregivers with strollers and travellers using mobility devices will be pleased to “test drive” 24 new accessibility ramps across five sidewalk projects that wrapped up last month in Prince George.
The sidewalk projects scheduled and completed in 2021 include:
- The east-side sidewalk on Kelly Road South between Vellencher Road and Austin Road West.
- The north side sidewalk on 20th Avenue between Queensway and Maple Street.
- The north side sidewalk on Simon Fraser Avenue, between Cowart Road and Eton Avenue, and near College Heights Elementary School.
- The east-side sidewalk on Ospika Boulevard from Ferry Avenue to Pinewood Ave.
- The north-side sidewalk on Domano Bouleard from Trent Drive to McGill Cres.
Since 2009, crews with the City of Prince George constructed or rehabilitated 263 ramps in Prince George. In addition, the city’s 2017 Pedestrian Network Study identified 288 locations where ramps are recommended along the existing sidewalk network. Since the study’s completion, 47 of the recommended ramps have been installed.