On Tuesday, the City of Williams Lake activated its Emergency Operations Centre at Level 2 in response to land slippage in the vicinity of Frizzi Road and North Mackenzie Avenue. The slide exposed a section of sanitary main and a manhole, which are of imminent concern.
All occupants of the affected properties are required to leave immediately. The remainder of the park remains on alert, and residents are cautioned to remain at least 15 metres away from the crest of the slope in the area under evacuation order.
Affected residents should:
- Self-register for Evacuee Registration and Assistance at https://ess.gov.bc.ca/ or call the Emergency Support Services number at 250-267-4861
- Arrange a meeting place for themselves and their family
- Write down important numbers
- Pack a grab-and-go bag for one week including: clothes, medications, personal items, eyeglasses, credit cards and cash, important documents including photo ID, insurance documents, keepsakes, pet supplies (leashes, kennels, food), books and games and chargers for phones/electronics
- Make arrangements for pets and livestock. Pets cannot be le locked in house or yard
- Check on neighbours to ensure they are ready as well
- If evacuated, do not shut off natural gas.
To reach the Emergency Operations Centre, please call 250-392-2364 or 250-392-4321. Evacuees can contact Emergency Support Services at 250-267-4861.
The City of Williams Lake will continue to monitor the situation from its Emergency Operations Centre and will provide updates as they are available.