As part of the City of Prince George’s 2021 road rehabilitation operations, crews are scheduled to mill and pave several arterial and neighbourhood streets throughout the city this month.
Recently, operations began at these locations:
- Berger Crescent (Vellencher Road to Burkitt Road)
- Ferry Avenue / Recplace Drive intersection
- Massey Drive / Ospika Boulevard intersection
- Tasa Court (from Vellencher Road towards the Cul de Sac)
The operations are expected to be completed by next week. All road and sidewalk paving operations are subject to favourable weather conditions.
To avoid disruptions in higher traffic areas, crews will work the night shift to complete roadwork at the intersections of Ferry Avenue/ Recplace Drive and Massey Drive/ Ospika Boulevard.
Crews have also started carrying out roadwork that is covered by warranty on Hartway Drive, Range Road, Davis Road, and Monterey Road. This work is being done at no cost to the City of Prince George.
Over the past week, crews have also completed paving operations on the following roads:
- Kinchen Road (Pearl Drive to Weisbrod Road)
- Carr Road (Weisbrood to Pearl Drive)
- Madill Road (between Austin Road West and Richet Street)
- Berger Road (Vellencher Road to Burkitt Place)
- Tasa Place (Vellencher Road to the Cul-de-sac)
- Monterey Road and Hartway Drive
- McLean Drive (McDermid Drive to 1st Avenue)
- McQueen Crescent (up to McLean Drive)
- Claxton Crescent (up to 1st Avenue)
- Bauch Avenue (up to Claxton Crescent)
The City advises residents and commuters to expect minor traffic delays and parking disruptions in the affected areas and to choose alternate routes if possible.
About 43 lane kilometres of road and 1.3 kilometres of sidewalk is scheduled for rehabilitation or construction this year. View the map locations of all road and sidewalk rehabilitation projects planned for completion in 2021. In total, there are 38 road-resurfacing projects, and five sidewalk projects scheduled in the 2021 paving season.