VICTORIA – As of Friday, Aug. 27, 2021, 83.9% (3,886,952) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 75.8% (3,514,485) received their second dose.
In addition, 84.6% (3,657,914) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 76.9% (3,326,997) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 867 new cases of COVID-19, including four epi-linked cases, for a total of 163,560 cases in the province.
There are 5,657 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 155,928 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 159 individuals are in hospital and 84 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 228 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,377
* 165 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 1,132
* 350 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 2,190
* 61 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 393
* 63 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 555
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 10
In the past 24 hours, three new deaths (Interior Health) have been reported, for an overall total of 1,807.
There have been no new health-care facility outbreaks. There are 14 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Heritage Village (Fraser Health), Brock Fahrni (Vancouver Coastal Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre and Spring Valley Care Centre (Interior Health)
* acute care: Peace Arch Hospital (Fraser Health)
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park, David Lloyd Jones, Sun Pointe Village and Hardy View Lodge (Interior Health)
From Aug. 12-25, people not fully vaccinated accounted for 82.0% of cases and 85.9% of hospitalizations.
Past week cases (Aug. 19-25) – Total 4,368
* Not vaccinated: 3,116 (71.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 467 (10.7%)
* Fully vaccinated: 785 (18.0%)
Past two weeks cases hospitalized (Aug. 12-25) – Total 213
* Not vaccinated: 169 (79.3%)
* Partially vaccinated: 14 (6.6%)
* Fully vaccinated: 30 (14.1%)
Past week, cases per 100,000 population (Aug. 19-25)
* Not vaccinated: 199.0
* Partially vaccinated 105.7
* Fully vaccinated: 24.9
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,408,715 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the new provincial health officer’s order on masks in public indoor settings, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25217
For the Aug. 23, 2021, announcement on proof of vaccination in B.C., visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25211
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For new health measures in the central Okanagan, visit:
For information on breakthrough cases, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/7-27_breakthrough_cases.pdf
Or see the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/register
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
* Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
* Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
* Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
* Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures