VICTORIA – As of Thursday, Aug. 19, 2021, 82.9% (3,842,302) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 74.0% (3,431,103) received their second dose.
In addition, 83.7% (3,619,755) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 75.3% (3,257,934) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 689 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 158,256 cases in the province.
There are 5,982 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 150,377 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 121 individuals are in hospital and 56 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 219 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 1,112
* 123 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 908
* 278 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 3,368
* 27 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 239
* 42 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 346
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: nine
In the past 24 hours, two new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,784. The new deaths include:
* Interior Health: one
* Northern Health: one
There is one new long-term care facility outbreak at Heritage Village (Fraser Health). The outbreak at Discovery Harbour long-term care (Island Health) has been declared over, for a total of 11 active outbreaks, including:
* long-term care: Kin Village West Court, Evergreen Baptist Care Society (Fraser Health), Village at Mill Creek – second floor, Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre and Brookhaven Care Centre (Interior Health)
* acute care: none
* assisted or independent living: Nicola Meadows, Hawthorn Park and David Lloyd (Interior Health)
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,280,835 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For new health measures in the Central Okanagan, visit: https://www.interiorhealth.ca/AboutUs/MediaCentre/NewsReleases/Documents/IB_COVID_Outbreak_6%20August.pdf
For information on breakthrough cases, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/7-27_breakthrough_cases.pdf
Or see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html (https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html) or https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/vaccine/dose-2
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
* Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
* Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
* Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
* Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures