The BC Wildfire Service has implemented an area restriction order for the vicinity of the Cutoff Creek wildfire (G41269). The size of the area restriction reflects the continued need to protect the public in areas where there are ongoing fire suppression activities. This order takes effect at 12:00 (PDT) on August 14, 2021 and replaces the previously issued Area Restrictions dated July 8, 2021 and July 28, 2021.
The order will remain in place until September 30, 2021 or until it is rescinded. This order applies to Crown land within the geographic boundaries outlined on the map.
Under this order and Section 11(2) of the Wildfire Act, a person must not remain in or enter the restricted area without the prior written authorization of an official designated for the purposes of the Wildfire Act, unless the person enters the area only in the course of:
• Travelling to or from his or her residence;
• Using a highway as defined in the Highway Act;
• Travelling through or entering the area as a person acting in an official capacity; or
• Travelling through or entering the area for an approved purpose of supporting wildfire suppression activities.
• Travelling through the area for the purposes of carrying out an industrial activity as defined in the Wildfire Act and Wildfire Regulation.