VICTORIA – As of Friday, Aug. 13, 2021, 82.4% (3,818,952) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 72.0% (3,337,348) received their second dose.
In addition, 83.2% (3,599,872) of all eligible adults in B.C. have received their first dose and 73.6% (3,183,232) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 717 new cases of COVID-19, including 11 epi-linked cases, for a total of 155,079 cases in the province.
There are 4,277 active cases of COVID-19 in the province and 148,964 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 82 individuals are in hospital and 39 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 140 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 821
* 101 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 593
* 376 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 2,446
* 60 new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 163
* 40 new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 245
* no new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: nine
In the past 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,779.
There are 11 active outbreaks in:
* long-term care: Holyrood Manor, Kin Village West Court, Evergreen Baptist Care Society (Fraser Health), Nelson Jubilee Manor, Kootenay Street Village, Cottonwoods Care Centre, Brookhaven Care Centre, Village at Mill Creek (Interior Health) and Discovery Harbour (Island Health)
* assisted or independent living: Hawthorn Park and David Lloyd Jones (Interior Health)
* acute care: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 7,164,020 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
For the Aug. 12, 2021, announcement on mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations for long-term care workers, visit: https://news.gov.bc.ca/25143
For new health measures in the Central Okanagan, visit:
People throughout B.C. can find their nearest Vax for BC event online by visiting: www.gov.bc.ca/VaxForBC
For information on breakthrough cases, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/7-27_breakthrough_cases.pdf
Or see the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
Detailed data is posted daily on the BCCDC dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit:
For guidance on restrictions, visit:
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
* Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
* Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
* Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
* Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures