The July 7 evacuation order for properties near the Bulkley Lake fire has been rescinded.
The Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako and the Wet’suwet’en First Nation have issued a change to the evacuation alert area on July 11, 2021, at 0930h, which has expanded to include the following areas:
East of Bedore Road to West of Broman Lake Road and south of Bulkley Lake
including Duncan Lake IR #2, east of Taman Creek Rd. to West of Broman Lake Forest Service Road.
Should another evacuation order be required, residents are asked to be prepared to leave immediately. To prepare yourselves, ensure the following:
- locate all family members or co-workers and plan to meet outside the evacuation area, should an evacuation be called while separated;
- gather essential items such as medications, eyeglasses, valuable papers (i.e. insurance), immediate care needs for dependants and, if you choose, keepsakes (photographs, etc). Have these items readily available for quick departure;
- prepare to move any persons with mobility challenges and/or children.
- moving pets and livestock to a safe area, if you require assistance please call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako;
- arranging to transport your household members or co-workers in the event of an evacuation order. If you are asked to evacuate and need transportation assistance from the area please call the Regional District of Bulkley-Nechako; arrange accommodation for your family if possible.