As of Wednesday, July 7, 2021, 78.2% (3,631,452) of eligible people 12 and older in B.C. have received their first dose of COVID-19 vaccine and 38.2% (1,772,595) received their second dose.
B.C. is reporting 59 new cases of COVID-19, for a total of 147,856 cases in the province.
There are currently 624 active cases of COVID-19 in the province, and 145,455 people who tested positive have recovered. Of the active cases, 86 individuals are currently in hospital and 20 are in intensive care. The remaining people are recovering at home in self-isolation.
The new/active cases include:
* 20 new cases in Fraser Health
* Total active cases: 177
* 13 new cases in Vancouver Coastal Health
* Total active cases: 230
* 17 new cases in Interior Health
* Total active cases: 163
* two new cases in Northern Health
* Total active cases: 28
* three new cases in Island Health
* Total active cases: 15
* four new cases of people who reside outside of Canada
* Total active cases: 11
In the last 24 hours, no new deaths have been reported, for an overall total of 1,759.
Currently, there are four active outbreaks in:
* long-term care: Rotary Manor Dawson Creek (Northern Health)
* acute care: Laurel Place at Surrey Memorial Hospital, Eagle Ridge Hospital (Fraser Health), and Royal Inland Hospital (Interior Health)
* assisted or independent living: none
Since December 2020, the Province has administered 5,404,047 doses of Pfizer-BioNTech, Moderna and AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines.
Detailed data is posted daily on the BC Centre for Disease Control’s (BCCDC) dashboard: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data
To register to be immunized or to learn about getting your second dose, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/getvaccinated.html
To learn about BC’s Restart plan, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/covid-19/info/restart
For recent modelling, visit: http://news.gov.bc.ca/files/6-28_PHO_presentation.pdf
For information on breakthrough cases, see the BCCDC weekly data summary: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/data#summary
For the provincial health officer’s orders and guidance, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/current-health-topics/covid-19-novel-coronavirus
For guidance on restrictions, visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/safety/emergency-preparedness-response-recovery/covid-19-provincial-support/restrictions
The latest updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and to find a testing centre near you: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For COVID-19 exposure events, updates and information, visit:
* Fraser Health: fraserhealth.ca/covid19exposure
* Interior Health: https://news.interiorhealth.ca/news/public-exposures/
* Northern Health: https://www.northernhealth.ca/health-topics/outbreaks-and-exposures
* Vancouver Coastal Health: http://www.vch.ca/covid-19/public-exposures