Cariboo Rocks the North 2021 has been cancelled.
“Over the past year, and especially in the past couple of weeks, we have had the opportunity to thoroughly take our time and imagine each and every possible scenario of how to run our event safely and within the current and possible restrictions, but also in a way that preserves the event’s viability for years to come,” according to a release from Cariboo Rocks the North organizers. “Unfortunately, with the current restrictions, and the lack of certainty about the parameters surrounding the future restrictions from both the Government of British Columbia and the Government of Canada, we don’t see how moving forward will be possible in 2021.
Although we are extremely excited that it appears there is finally a light at the end of the tunnel with the rollout of vaccinations and further steps towards ‘normal’, the reality we are currently facing is that there has been very little certainty about what the next steps will in fact look like, and what it means for the, inevitably gradual, return of live events and public gatherings.”
Organizers are looking to come back on the August 5-7 weekend in 2022.
To those who have purchased your tickets, the following options are available:
• Tickets purchased for the 2020 or 2021 dates will be honoured for the new 2022 dates – Just hang on to your tickets.
• Any ticketholders who retain their tickets will be automatically entered in to win VIP Upgrades on their general admission tickets or suite tickets to a 2021/2022 Cougars hockey game.
• 2020/2021 camping pass holders can also retain their pass for use in 2022.
• The ‘No Risk Lineup Guarantee’ continues – If you hang on to your tickets and change your mind after they announce the new lineup, you’re entitled to a full refund – no questions asked.
• Refunds will be offered to those who are unable to attend the 2022 dates. Ticket refunds will be available between June 21 and July 16 and will be administered via TicketsNorth/CN Centre Box Office by request only. Please contact 236-423-1157 for questions or to arrange your refund.