Omineca Arts Centre is hosting it third Unfold Group Exhibition: UNFOLD 3. The theme of this group exhibition is: unfolding self expression, societal commentary and creative expression. The centre held the first Unfold in 2018 and the next in 2019, so organizers felt it’s about time they featured another round of emerging Prince George artists.
The May 25 deadline for artist submissions is quickly approaching. Apply today for a chance to be displayed amongst some of Prince George’s best and brightest emerging artists and receive an artist fee of $75 per piece of work. https://www.ominecaartscentre.com/artist-residencies
This month-long exhibition includes in open gallery hours Thursdays and Fridays 12-4 during the month of June, an exhibition reception with Artist Talks live on Facebook live June 4 from 7-8 and a free workshop TBA! Follow them on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter for updates.
The Omineca Arts Centre is located in a storefront in the pedestrian core of Prince George’s downtown at 369 Victoria Street. Its aim is to co-develop meaningful and collaborative artistic projects, experiences, and models for catalyzing arts and culture in the Omineca region, while prioritizing inclusivity, responsiveness, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
In the face of a global pandemic, Omineca Arts Centre has forged on to facilitate collaboration and diversify opportunities for emerging and professional visual, fine art, literary, musical and performing artists. The community arts centre is 100 per cent dependent on fundraising, grants and sponsor dollars. Current and upcoming opportunities to support the centre include:
- Nechako Bottle Depot Account #683 – No waiting in line necessary!
- OMINECA Arts Centre Go Fund Me – Our goal is $60,000 for the year and we’re about half way there!
- Sponsor Us – Support local artists (advertising / swag packages available)! See what we can offer you!
- Volunteer with Omineca – Open studio hours, events, promotion/distribution, engagement…join our amazing team of artists today!
How you can help as a Volunteer:
- Posting Posters around town (location list will be provided).
- Join Curatorial Committee – help develop, reach out to and select artists for exhibitions and residencies.
- Wall Prep Between Exhibitions – next is May 31st 7pm @ Omineca
- Unfold 3 Exhibition Installation Dinner Party – June 1st 5pm @ Omineca
- Promotion and Fundraising support – see social tips below, to help promote exhibition invitations, artist residencies, events, calls for submissions, fundraising opportunities etc.
- Weekly Open Studio Hours – Why work from home when you can set your own hours to work from Omineca! We’re an artist run centre and many of our volunteers practice their art at Omineca while doubling as a volunteer gallery attendant. Win win!
- Volunteer Coordinator – Collaborate with the board and our volunteer pool to support the centre’s programming and events.
- Grant Seeking and Writing – Are you a wordsmith who can help us plan programming and get grants to make it happen? Make change in our community with grant seeking and writing!
- Special Event Planning – We’ve received a grant to do a concert series this summer and we need help with recruitment of musicians, performers and sound techs!
- Workshops – Do you have a skill or talent or knowledge to share with our arts community? You can volunteer to host a virtual or in person workshop with us!