Prince George’s 10th annual GoByBike Week, hosted locally by the Prince George Cycling Club, is set for later this month.
GoByBike Week is a provincially-run cycling encouragement campaign to promote all the benefits of commuting by bicycle. The Prince George Cycling Club uses Go By Bike Week as an opportunity to increase ridership in Prince George as well as to promote healthy and environmentally-conscious behaviour. To celebrate the first decade of Going By Bike the club is offering its biggest local prizes ever with two grand prize bike packages valued at $1,000 each. The goal is to have more than 1,000 riders registered and logging rides and think these great incentives will help achieve it.
With COVID-19 health orders in effect they will be changing the engagement to include more virtual options but have also put a city-approved safety plan into action allowing the club to hold “Check-In Stations” like the ones they have run in the past. These stations will be contact-free but still allow those that come by entries into special daily prizes from the hosting sponsor location. Please see the below calendar of Check-In Station details as well as links to our web site and social media pages:
2021 Prince George GoByBike Week Check-In Stations:
- • Wednesday, May 26 – Ramp Up to GBBW @ CN Centre, 2187 Ospika Blvd – 5:00pm – 7:00pm This event is the Wednesday before GBBW begins to highlight accessibility and safety.
- • Monday, May 31 – Kick-Off GBBW @ City Hall, 1100 Patricia Blvd – 7:00am – 9:00am
- • Tuesday, June 1 – Royal Lepage @ 1625 4th Ave – 7:00am – 9:00am
- • Wednesday, June 2 – KOOPS @ 1659 Nicholson St S – 7:00am – 9:00am
- • Thursday, June 3 – RUCKUS @ 2629 Vance Rd – 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- • Friday, June 4 – Crossroads Brewery @ 508 George St – 4:00pm – 6:00pm
- • Saturday, June 5 – Rainbow Park @ NW quadrant along Ospika Blvd – 11:00am – 1:00pm
The spring GoByBike Week was cancelled in 2020 and with so many changes in peoples work and personal lives the club’s hope this year is to encourage riding anywhere, anytime. If you are working from home you could ride to the store, to see a friend or family member within your safe circle, for exercise or just to get out and clear your mind.
- https://gobybikebc.ca/prince-george/ – Local Registration & Homepage
- https://www.facebook.com/biketoworkpg/ – Local Facebook Page
- https://www.instagram.com/go_by_bike_princegeorge/ – Local Instagram Page
- http://www.pgcyclingclub.ca/ – PG Cycling Club Website
- https://www.facebook.com/pgcyclingclub/ – PG Cycling Club Facebook Page
- https://www.instagram.com/pgcyclingclub/ – PG Cycling Club Instagram