According to the building permit report going before council on Monday, the city issued 57 building permits in April, worth $19.1 million. That’s up considerably from April 2020 when, a month into the pandemic, only 22 building permits were issued with a value of $2.7 million. The 2021 number has eclipsed even the pre-pandemic numbers from April 2019 when 59 permits were issued with a value of $17.6 million.
Some highlights of the permits issued in April:
- Sixteen new single family dwellings ($8,275,258.00);
- Three new mobile dwellings ($519,992.00); and
- One new tenplex ($3,000,000.00).
Commercial, Industrial and Institutional Development
- Seven commercial building alterations ($2,393,500.00); and
- One new institutional building ($2,998,241.07).
The city has approved the following development permits for the month of April:
- DP100697 – 2604 Recplace Dr. – Construction of two new four-storey apartment buildings;
- DP100760 – 1919 17th Ave. – Construction of a new 35- unit apartment building;
- DP100689 – 5223 Marleau Rd. – Construction of new 25- unit apartment complex; and
- DP100756 – 1745 Victoria St. – Façade and tenant improvements.