Drivers can expect delays on provincial highways between Prince Rupert and Chetwynd from Jan. 10-14, 2021.
During this time, a large commercial vehicle will be transporting oversized cargo along the route.
Drivers can expect to see intermittent delays on these route segments:
* Highway 16 from Prince Rupert to Terrace on Sunday, Jan. 10, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
* Highway 16 from Terrace to Topley on Monday, Jan. 11, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
* Highway 16 from Topley to Prince George on Tuesday, Jan. 12, from midnight to 5 a.m.
* Highway 16 from Prince George to Highway 97 at Bear Lake on Wednesday, Jan. 13, from midnight to 5 a.m.
* Highway 97 at Bear Lake to Highway 29 at Jackfish Lake Road, just north of Chetwynd, on Thursday, Jan. 14, from 9 p.m. to 6 a.m.
Note: The above schedule depends on a number of factors, including weather and road conditions. Drivers can check DriveBC.ca for the most up-to-date information before travel and are reminded to obey posted speed limits, traffic control devices and flag persons.