Shay Bulmer of Vanderhoof is the new president of the Canadian Home Builders’ Association Northern BC. Bulmer, who operates Northern Homecraft in Vanderhoof, was elected at the along with the board of directors last week. Bulmer has been on the CHBA-NBC Board since 2018.
The Canadian Home Builders’ is a membership driven association existing at the national, provincial and regional level to advocate for the opportunity of home ownership for all Canadians as well as for contractors and businesses connected to the residential construction industry.
Membership from around the region covered by the CHBA-NBC local are represented at the board table and the 2020-2021 Board of Directors include:
- President Shay Bulmer, Northern Homecraft Vanderhoof
- 1st Vice-President Angèle Heinrichs, Angèle’s Drafting & Design Fort St. John
- 2nd Vice-President Al Jones, Rona Prince George
- Past President Joe Hart, Icon Homes Quesnel
- Treasurer George Hackle, Windsor Plywood Prince George
- Executive Officer Terri McConnachie Prince George
- Director Keith Annis, Winton Homes Prince George
- Director Alison Conroy, Pelican Consulting Prince George
- Director Sunny Kullar, Kullar Homes Prince George
- Director Martin Lachapelle, Artistic Homes Prince George
- Director Ed Rebelo, Fortwood Homes Prince George
- Director Jamie Schneider, JDS Construction Dawson Creek
- Director Dave Toor, Toor Enterprises Prince George
Past President, Joe Hart, of Icon Homes in Quesnel is the current president of the provincial level of the CHBA and joins the ranks of several provincial board chairs from the CHBA-NBC region. Hart is a member on the Energy Step Code Council representing the CHBA and has earned Net Zero Builder status.
The general office of the CHBA-NBC is in Prince George and the association delivers the annual spring Northern BC Home & Garden Show, the fall Parade of Homes and a Housing Awards of Excellence program and gala. The association is a dedicated supporter of the Prince George Hospice Society and sponsors the annual Dream Home lottery house.