Attended by key stakeholders and industry leaders, Tourism Prince George unveiled its new brand Monday at a virtual launch event.
Developed in consultation with a core group of tourism stakeholders, the brand entices travellers to visit, stay, contribute to the local economy and at the same time invigorate residents’ pride of place in Prince George. The brand will be brought to life by an entirely redesigned website, new photos and videos, traditional and digital advertising campaigns, and refreshed social media content.
“Prince George is the basecamp for other experiences within the region, opening up the province to discovery and exploration of roads and regions less traveled,” said Tracey McBride, CEO of Tourism Prince George. “The city is a centre for business, a basecamp for the adventurer, and a portal to the North. As the region’s central hub for railway, highways and airways, we offer any traveler a soft landing – to refuel, rejuvenate and reconnect.”
The new Tourism Prince George brand plays on the strengths of immense nature and iconic wildlife, in which a vibrant city is nestled in the heart of BC. Highlighted throughout the website is Prince George’s unique mix of rural urbanity and a city with rich amenities.
“City council would like to congratulate Tourism Prince George for developing this new brand,” said Mayor Lyn Hall. “Tourism Prince George’s branding plays a significant role in promoting our city throughout the province and around the world. Together, we all have a role to play as ambassadors for our city.”
The launch follows Canada’s recently unveiled “For Glowing Hearts” and Destination BC’s “Wild at Heart” and “Northern Wild” brands. As tourism associations focus on regional travellers, the brand and engaging website positions Prince George as a premier tourism destination in the province of British Columbia.
“Congratulations to Tourism Prince George on the launch of their new brand,” said Clint Fraser, CEO of Northern BC Tourism Association. “Up here in the north we know the wilderness is of a different scale, and this community level brand is strategically aligned to support regional and provincial marketing efforts to establish the north as a wilderness destination, guide trip planning ideas, and support visitors’ rediscovery of our vast region. We look forward to continuing our work with Tourism Prince George to promote the north and all it has to offer.”
Some of the user-friendly features of the new website include:
- An interactive map for accommodations in Prince George, with filters for hotels, B&Bs, campgrounds, and motels
- A robust directory for culinary offerings, things to do, experiences, and venues
- New social media galleries featuring user-generated content – use the hashtag #takeonpg or #exploreprincegeorge on Instagram for a chance to be featured on the website
- The Basecamp Blog, which features contributions from locals/influencers, suggested itineraries, and activities that are unique to Prince George
- A dedicated page to staycations, which will evolve with time as new experiences are added and packages change seasonally.