Police were called out at about 1:15 p.m. The man was said to have threatened the city bylaw officers both verbally and with blunt objects.
RCMP officers attended and located the suspect a short distance away. Initially the man provided a false name. Once he was positively identified, he was found to have an arrest warrant out of Quesnel and was believed to be breaching both his probation and conditions of a previous release.
George William Alexis, a 47-year-old man currently residing in Prince George, has been charged by the BC Prosecution Service with the following Criminal Code offences:
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose (two counts)
- Utter Threats to Cause Bodily Harm (two counts)
- Obstructing a Peace Officer
- Fail to Comply with Probation
- Fail to Comply with Release Order
Alexis has been remanded in custody and is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday August 26.
No injuries were reported.