Mr. PG is making his support known. Yesterday, a special Support PG flag was been raised by the beloved landmark at the intersection of Highways 16 and 97.
Support PG is a collaborative project developed by 11 community partners with a stake in economic development to support local businesses impacted by COVID-19. The Support PG website provides a central hub of COVID-19 related information for local businesses, examples of how to support local, a weekly blog, and good news stories for individuals and companies that are going above and beyond for their community. In recent weeks, staycation packages have been launched to help promote local and regional tourism.
To celebrate the occasion, 20 prize packs have been assembled with merchandise, promotional items, and donations from partner organizations and local businesses. Notably, each prize pack includes a coveted pair of limited-edition Mr. PG socks. These free prize packs will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis at five local businesses. Each business is also offering special discounts on products and services for anyone who mentions “Support PG”. Discounts are only available for in-store purchases on July 23.
The five participating local businesses are:
- Darling Deviance Wool Shop & Gifts (6549 John Hart Hwy) – Offering 10% off merchandise
- Madras Maple Café (1535 Ogilvie St S) – 10% off food orders and a $10 butter chicken + rice special
- Northern Lights Estate Winery (745 Prince George Pulpmill Rd) – Offering 10% off wines, merchandise, and food in the Bistro
- Smokey J’s – (7100 Domano Blvd) – Offering 15% off food orders
- Sound Factory (1621 Nicholson St S) – Offering 10% off merchandise
Visit one of the five participating businesses to pick up your Support PG prize pack today! For more information, visit the Support PG Facebook and Instagram social media channels.
What do you think about this story?