Kiel Giddens was elected as president, replacing Lorna Wendling, who served as president for two years.
“Our new board and the whole chamber team are here to listen, and work on behalf of our members to help them thrive.” said Giddens. “We’ve all taken the pledge to #SupportPG as we work to build a more resilient, compassionate, and prosperous community.”
“Personally, I would like to thank Corey Naphtali for his dedication and tenacity to the chamber these past years,” said Todd Corrigall, chamber CEO. “And, in the face of significant changes and challenges, Lorna Wendling exemplified leadership and poise during her tenure as president. While we are thankful to our past leaders, the team is excited to work with the new board and Kiel Giddens as president. You can be assured that our advocacy efforts will be front and centre.”
The newly elected 2020/21 Chamber Board of Directors consists of:
- President: Kiel Giddens, Public Affairs Manager, TC Energy
- Vice-President of Finance: Frankie Albano, Partner, TBJ LLP
- Vice-President: Peter Sia, Dealer Principle, Northland Nissan
- Vice-President: Ray Noonan, District VP, Scotiabank
- Past-President: Lorna Wendling, Partner, MNP LLP
- Cathy Mackay, COO, EDI Environmental Dynamics Inc.
- Kevin Botham, Integris Insurance Services
- Kevin Gemmell, General Manager, Jim Pattison Broadcast Group
- Kristine Newell, Realtor, Team Powerhouse
- Micaela Roque, Sr. Manager, KPMG
- Kara Biles, Director, Learning and Leadership, Canfor
- Dave Halley, General Manager, Mr. Mikes Steakhouse Casual
- Matt Hutcheon, President, Taxwerx
- Stephanie Leong, Associate Lawyer, HSJ Lawyers
- Travis Stringer, Associate Wealth & Investment Advisor, RBC Dominion Securities Inc.
The chamber would like to thank Corey Naphtali, outgoing past president, for his tremendous and long running service to the chamber board and the business community as a whole. Corey has been instrumental in leading challenging change management process and strategic planning initiative through his tenure with the board of directors. As past president for the previous two years, Corey will now assume a position with the Board of Governors, assisting with future board recruitment and succession planning.