British Columbians are invited to share their input by making a written, audio or video submission, or by filling out an online survey by Friday, June 26, 2020, at 5 p.m. (Pacific time). Public hearings are also being held, beginning Monday, June 1, with the presentation of the Budget 2021 Consultation Paper by the minister of finance. All public hearings will be conducted by video/teleconference.
“Committee members look forward to hearing from British Columbians every year about their priorities and solutions to the challenges they are experiencing,” said Bob D’Eith, committee chair. “This input will be especially critical this year as the COVID-19 pandemic continues to impact our families and communities.”
Doug Clovechok, deputy chair, said, “We encourage all British Columbians to participate and share their views. Your voices, perspectives and ideas inform our discussions and deliberations, and are directly reflected in our recommendations.”
Details on all the ways to participate are available by contacting the Parliamentary Committees Office at 250 356-2933 or 1 877 428-8337 (toll-free in B.C.) or on the committee’s website: https://bcleg.ca/FGSbudget
The committee intends to release its report with recommendations for the next provincial budget in August 2020.
The members of the committee are:
- Bob D’Eith, MLA for Maple Ridge-Mission (chair);
- Doug Clovechok, MLA for Columbia River-Revelstoke (deputy chair);
- Donna Barnett, MLA for Cariboo-Chilcotin;
- Rich Coleman, MLA for Langley East;
- Mitzi Dean, MLA for Esquimalt-Metchosin;
- Ronna-Rae Leonard, MLA for Courtenay-Comox;
- Nicholas Simons, MLA for Powell River-Sunshine Coast