On June 1, Northern Health Connections will go back to standard eligibility with the exception of passengers travelling without a medical appointment, which includes seniors (60+).
Passengers eligible to use the bus service include:
- Those traveling for non-urgent medical procedures, such as chiropractors and massage therapists – an appointment verification will be required
- Discharges (by health authority hospital staff) – appointment verification not required
- Medically-necessary companions
- Staff & Physicians (including health care students), who are travelling for work
It will not be accepting:
- Passengers travelling without a medical appointment, including seniors (60+).
Northern Health Connections will continue to run with limited seating and enhanced safety measures until further notice. Some changes we have implemented will be on a permanent basis, including:
- All travel must now be booked 48 hours in advance.
- We will not be accepting any walk-on passengers, with no exceptions.
- Anyone with COVID-19-like symptoms will not be allowed to travel.
- In order to ensure physical distancing, a maximum of 12 passengers will be allowed on a coach and a maximum of five passengers will be allowed on a minibus.
Northern Health Connections will release further information in the future, as eligibility further expands.
The BC Pandemic Recovery Plan is in Phase 2 and Northern Health will continue to follow the recommendations and guidance put forward by the Provincial Health Office to ensure the health and safety of Northern BC residents. More info on the Restart BC plan can be found at www.gov.bc.ca/restartbc.
Reservations on NH Connections can be made by visiting https://nhconnections.ca/ or calling 1-888-647-4997.