Cariboo Rocks the North organizers held out as long as they could, perhaps even longer.
With the COVID-19 pandemic and provincial regulations limiting public gatherings to less than 50 people, Cariboo Rocks the North, slated for August 7-9 at Exhibition Park, has been postponed.
“With the current situation surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic, our team has spent the past number of weeks focused on making plans for what the next steps look like for our event,” according to a statement issued this morning. “This includes respecting and adhering to the variety of restrictions and facility closures that have been put in place from the Government of British Columbia. We have taken our time to weigh thoroughly all of our options and we have made the decision to reschedule Cariboo Rocks the North 2020 to August 6-8, 2021.
Cariboo Rocks the North is currently working out details with the 2020 festival line-up artists to return and perform in 2021.
To those who have purchased your tickets, the following options are available:
- Tickets purchased for the 2020 dates will be honoured for the new 2021 dates. Just hang on to your tickets!
- VIP 2020 ticket-holders retaining their tickets will be entitled to a pair of Tier-1 tickets to a Prince George Cougars game – a $56 value.
- All 2020 Cariboo Rocks the North ticket-holders retaining their tickets will be entered into a draw for Alice Cooper tickets for his show on November 25th. Five pairs of tickets will be given away.
- 2020 camping ticket-holders can also retain their 2020 Camping Passes for 2021.
- Refunds will be offered to those unable to attend the rescheduled dates. Ticket refunds are available between Monday, June 1 and Friday, June 26, 2020, via the TicketsNorth Box Office. A minimal process fee is applicable.
- With the box office closed, to coordinate a refund, please phone TicketsNorth at 236-423-1157.