The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving, and the information below is current as of 3 p.m. on Saturday, May 2, 2020.
* Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 2,171
* New cases since May 1, 2020: 26
* Hospitalized cases: 72
* Intensive care: 23
* COVID-19 related deaths: 114
* Recovered: 1,376
* Long-term care and assisted-living homes currently affected: 21
* Acute-care unit outbreaks: 3
Confirmed cases by region:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 832
* Fraser Health: 992
* Island Health: 123
* Interior Health: 175
* Northern Health: 49
* For provincial support and COVID-19 information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/covid
* For seniors looking for additional support at this time, call 211 or visit: http://www.bc211.ca/
* For information for Indigenous peoples in B.C., visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/indigenous-people/covid19
* If you or a family member need additional medical advice, call 811.
* For the latest statistics, including testing, visit the BC Centre for Disease Control’s COVID-19 dashboard:
* If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
* If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing, follow @CDCofBC on Twitter or visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
For the provincial health officer’s orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
For non-health related information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/Covid-19
Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Pacific time), seven days a week.
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, including for employers and businesses, visit:
For common questions about COVID-19 and terminology, visit:
Worker and employer information:
For workers and employers who need help understanding the law and their rights, have workplace health and safety questions or who need help with claims, call:
Employment Standards Branch: 1 833 236-3700
For health and safety assistance: 1 888 621-7233 (1 888 621-SAFE)
For workers and claims: 1 888 967-5377 (1 888 WORKERS)