An evacuation alert issued earlier Thursday by the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George has been upgraded to an evacuation order. An evacuation order is in effect for 40 properties on the Upper Mud River Road area. The order area is shown on the attached map.
The order has been issued as a result of flooding and increasing high water in the area. Those in the order area are asked to leave the area immediately. Residents within the Evacuation Order area are advised accommodation is available for those who need it at either:
• Sandman Signature Prince George Hotel located at 2990 Recreation Place, Prince George, BC; or
• Bon Voyage Inn located at 4222 Highway 16 W, Prince George, BC.
Note, proper identification will be required.
Note, pets may be accommodated, at an additional expense. Residents are advised to contact the hotel in advance. If possible, make alternative accommodation arrangements for them. Residents in the evacuation order area are reminded of the following points:
• If you need transportation assistance from the area please advise the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George at 250-960-4400 or Emergency Management BC at 1-800-663-3456.
• Gather your family: take a neighbour or someone who needs help.
• Take your 72-hour Emergency Kit and any critical items (medicine, purse, wallet, and keys) only if they are immediately available.
Further information about emergency preparedness is available at www.rdffg.bc.ca
The public is reminded to exercise extreme caution near rivers and streams. High water-flows can cause bank erosion and instability, and currents in the river can be volatile and unpredictable. Please avoid all streams and water bodies with rising levels.
For more information on emergency preparedness visit the Regional District of Fraser-Fort George website at www.rdffg.bc.ca or call 1-800-667-1959