The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving, and the information below is current as of 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 23, 2020.
* Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 1,824
* New cases since April 22, 2020: 29
* Hospitalized cases: 103
* Intensive care: 44
* COVID-19 related deaths: 94
* Recovered: 1,092
* Long-term care and assisted-living homes currently affected: 20
* Acute-care unit outbreaks: 3
Confirmed cases by region:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 755
* Fraser Health: 760
* Island Health: 111
* Interior Health: 156
* Northern Health: 42
New provincial advice and measures:
* More than 2,500 essential service workers have been referred to open child care spaces through the Province’s new child care matching process: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020CFD0044-000740
* Applications for the $1,000 B.C. Emergency Benefit for Workers will open on May 1: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020FIN0023-000743
New federal measures:
* Prime Minister Justin Trudeau announced more than $1 billion in support of a national medical research strategy to fight COVID-19 that includes vaccine development, the production of treatments and tracking of the virus: https://pm.gc.ca/en/news/news-releases/2020/04/23/prime-minister-announces-new-support-covid-19-medical-research-and
* For provincial support and COVID-19 information: www.gov.bc.ca/covid
* For seniors looking for additional support at this time, call 211 or visit: http://www.bc211.ca/
* For information for Indigenous peoples in B.C., visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/indigenous-people/covid19
* If you or a family member need additional medical advice, call 811.
* 68,553 individuals have been tested as of April 22, 2020.
* If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
* If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For the provincial health officer’s orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
For non-health related information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/Covid-19
Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m. (Pacific time), seven days a week.
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, including for employers and businesses, visit:
For common questions about COVID-19 and terminology, visit:
Worker and employer information:
For workers and employers who need help understanding the law and their rights, have workplace health and safety questions or who need help with claims, call:
Employment Standards Branch: 1 833 236-3700
For health and safety assistance: 1 888 621-7233 (1 888 621-SAFE)
For workers and claims: 1 888 967-5377 (1 888 WORKERS)