The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving and the information below is current as of 12:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 11, 2020.
* Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 1,445
* New cases since April 10, 2020: 35
* Hospitalized cases: 134
* Intensive care: 63
* COVID-19 related deaths: 58
* Recovered: 905
* Long-term care and assisted-living homes currently affected: 20
Confirmed cases by region:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 642
* Fraser Health: 558
* Island Health: 84
* Interior Health: 135
* Northern Health: 26
New provincial advice and measures:
* NEW: Province and Creative BC support musicians impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic with new grants for livestreaming:
* NEW: Statement from Dr. Bonnie Henry on non-medical cloth masks during COVID-19:
New travel/federal measures:
* NEW: Government Introduces COVID-19 Emergency Response Act, No. 2 to Help Businesses Keep Canadians in their Jobs:
* NEW: Additional Details on the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy from the Department of Finance Canada:
* NEW: Joint statement by Canadian and Jamaican Foreign Ministers, following their chairing of a historic meeting of the UN Group of Friends on SDG Financing:
* For provincial support and COVID-19 information: www.gov.bc.ca/covid
* For seniors looking for additional support at this time, call 211 or visit: http://www.bc211.ca/
* For information for Indigenous peoples in B.C., visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/indigenous-people/covid19
* If you or a family member need additional medical advice, call 811.
* 53,505 individuals have been tested as of April 9, 2020.
* If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
* If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter.
For the provincial health officer’s orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
For non-health related information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/Covid-19
Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week.
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, including for employers and businesses, visit:
For common questions about COVID-19 and terminology, visit:
Worker and employer information:
For workers and employers who need help understanding the law and their rights, have workplace heath and safety questions or who need help with claims:
Employment Standards Branch: 1 833 236-3700
For health and safety assistance: 1 888 621-7233 (1 888 621-SAFE)
For workers and claims: 1 888 967-5377 (1 888 WOR-KERS)