The COVID-19 situation in British Columbia is continually evolving and the information below is current as of 3 p.m. on Thursday, April 2, 2020.
* Total confirmed cases in B.C.: 1,121
* New cases since April 1, 2020: 55
* Hospitalized cases: 149
* Intensive care: 68
* COVID-19 related deaths: 31
* Recovered: 641
Confirmed cases by region:
* Vancouver Coastal Health: 525
* Fraser Health: 386
* Island Health: 72
* Interior Health: 121
* Northern Health: 17
New provincial advice and measures:
* NEW: New emergency supports for province’s most vulnerable: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020SDPR0012-000620
* NEW: B.C. taking further action to support essential service providers during pandemic: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020AG0029-000616
* NEW: Premier’s new Economic Recovery Task Force supports B.C. economy during, after COVID-19: https://news.gov.bc.ca/releases/2020PREM0046-000618
* NEW: Office of the provincial health officer COVID-19 Ethical Decision-Making Framework: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/assets/gov/health/about-bc-s-health-care-system/office-of-the-provincial-health-officer/covid-19/ethics_framework_for_covid_march_28_2020.pdf
* Latest COVID-19 updates and statements: https://news.gov.bc.ca/Search?q=COVID-19
* Critical care and acute care hospitalization modelling information: https://news.gov.bc.ca/files/COVID19_Technical_Briefing_Condensed.pdf
New travel/federal measures:
* NEW: Government of Canada provides guidance on services and functions deemed essential to Canada’s critical infrastructure during COVID-19: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-safety-canada/news/2020/04/government-of-canada-provides-guidance-on-services-and-functions-deemed-essential-to-canadas-critical-infrastructure-during-covid-19.html
* For Government of Canada COVID-19 Travel Advice: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/latest-travel-health-advice.html
* For provincial support and COVID-19 information: www.gov.bc.ca/covid
* For seniors looking for additional support at this time, call 211 or visit: http://www.bc211.ca/
* For information for First Nations and Indigenous peoples in B.C., visit: https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/governments/indigenous-people/covid19
* If you or a family member need additional medical advice, call 811.
* 44,639 individuals tested as of April 1, 2020.
* If symptoms appear, check your symptoms online: https://covid19.thrive.health
* If needed, call your health-care provider or 811 for further guidance.
For the latest medical updates, including case counts, prevention, risks and testing, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/
Or follow @CDCofBC on Twitter
For provincial health officer orders, notices and guidance, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/phoguidance
For non-health related information, including financial, child care and education supports, travel, transportation and essential service information, visit: www.gov.bc.ca/Covid-19
Or call 1 888 COVID19 (1 888 268-4319) between 7:30 a.m. and 8 p.m., seven days a week.
For recommendations on protecting yourself and your community, including for employers and businesses, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/coronavirus-(novel)
For common questions about COVID-19 and terminology, visit: http://www.bccdc.ca/health-info/diseases-conditions/covid-19/common-questions